Last modified on 17 June 2013, at 18:41↑Jump back a section
- (transitive) To ascribe existence to.
- Do you believe in God? the Easter Bunny? Ghosts?
- Since I don't believe in reincarnation, I believe that the only way to eliminate suffering is to die.
- (transitive) To believe that (something) is right or desirable.
- I don't believe in sex before marriage.
- I don't believe in making my bed.
- (transitive) To have confidence in the ability or power of.
- I believe in you, man! You can do it!