- Devanagari script form of atha (“moreover”)
- c. 500 AD, Kaccāyana, Pālivyākaraṇaṃ [Pali Grammar] (in Pali), page 250; republished as Satish Chandra Acharyya Vidyabhusana, editor, Kaccayana's Pali Grammar (edited in Devanagari character and translated into English), Calcutta, Bengal: Mahabodhi Society, 1901:
- अथ सब्बासं विभत्तीनं यानि यानि पुब्बानि छ पदानि तानि तानि परस्सपदसञ्ञानि होन्ति।
- Atha sabbāsaṃ vibhattīnaṃ yāni yāni pubbāni cha padāni, tāni tāni parassapadasaññāni honti.
- Then whatever are the first six endings of all the endings, they are called the active endings.