- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɑːftə.wədz/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈæf.tɚ.wɚdz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: af‧ter‧wards
- Homophone: afterwords
afterwards (not comparable)
- (temporal location) At a later or succeeding time.
- 2011 November 3, Chris Bevan, “Rubin Kazan 1 - 0 Tottenham”, in BBC Sport:
- Another Karadeniz cross led to Cudicini's first save of the night, with the Spurs keeper making up for a weak punch by brilliantly pushing away Christian Noboa's snap-shot.
Two more top-class stops followed quickly afterwards, first from Natcho's rasping shot which was heading into the top corner, and then to deny Ryazantsev at his near post.
at a later or succeeding time