- these - direct case only, see below for oblique. (Singular: यह)
- he - direct case only, honorific. (If no additional respect is conveyed, यह is used)
- ये छोटे हैं।
- Ye choṭe haiṁ
- He is small
- she - direct case only, honorific. (If no additional respect is conveyed, यह is used)
- ये छोटी हैं।
- Ye choṭī haiṁ
- She is small
- they near reference and direct case only. वे is the far reference for someone farther away from the speaker
- ये कौन हैं?
- Ye kaun haiṁ?
- Who are they?
|Declension of ये|
|ergative||इन्हों ने (inhõ ne)|
|genitive||इन का (in kā)|
|dative||इन्हें (inhẽ) , इनको (inko)|
- McGregor, Ronald Stuart (1993), “ये”, in The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary, London: Oxford University Press
- Platts, John T. (1884), “ये”, in A dictionary of Urdu, classical Hindi, and English, London: W. H. Allen & co.