Japanese shinjitai character. Simplified from 剩 (乘 → 乗).
Graphically 乗 + 刂.
剰 (radical 18 刀+9, 11 strokes, cangjie input 竹廿中弓 (HTLN), composition ⿰乗刂)
- leftovers, residue, remains
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 142, character 28
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2107
- Dae Jaweon: page 323, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 350, character 9
- Unihan data for U+5270
|For pronunciation and definitions of 剰 – see 剩.
(This character, 剰, is a variant form of 剩.)