See also: agem
-agem f (plural -agens)
- Forms uncountable nouns, from verbs, meaning the practice of doing what is expressed by the verb.
- Forms nouns, from verbs, meaning the an instance of doing what is expressed by the verb.
- Forms nouns, from nouns expressing a type of person, meaning attitude or an act expected from that kind of person.
- Forms nouns, from nouns, meaning a collection of things; -age.
- Forms nouns for concepts related to the suffixed word.
- -agem also exists, not as a suffix, in words descending from a Latin word with -āginem (accusative singular of -āgō). For example: imagem, from imāginem.
- (practice of doing something): -mento
- (act of doing something): -ção, -mento
- (attitude or act expected from someone): -ice, -ície, -ismo