- (comparative suffix) Harmonic variants:
- -b is added to some words ending in a consonant; an archaic variant
- -bb is added to words ending in a vowel. Final -a changes to -á-. Final -e changes to -é-.
- -abb is added to most back-vowel words ending in a consonant
- -obb is added to some back-vowel words ending in a consonant
- -ebb is added to front-vowel words ending in a consonant
- ^ -bb in Zaicz, Gábor (ed.). Etimológiai szótár: Magyar szavak és toldalékok eredete (’Dictionary of Etymology: The origin of Hungarian words and affixes’). Budapest: Tinta Könyvkiadó, 2006, page 73, →ISBN. (See also its 2nd edition.)