- (instantaneous suffix, rare) Appended to a verb to form a new verb expressing instantaneous action. It is no longer productive in this sense.
- (verb-forming suffix) Appended to an adjective to form a verb meaning "to consider/find/think as". In this sense, it is still productive.
- (all senses) Harmonic variants:
- -ll is added to words ending in a vowel. Final -a changes to -á.
- -oll is added to a few back-vowel words
- -all is added to most back-vowel words
- -ell is added to front-vowel words
- ^ -ll in Zaicz, Gábor (ed.). Etimológiai szótár: Magyar szavak és toldalékok eredete (’Dictionary of Etymology: The origin of Hungarian words and affixes’). Budapest: Tinta Könyvkiadó, 2006, →ISBN. (See also its 2nd edition.)