See also: cpu
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /(ˌ)siː(ˌ)piːˈjuː/
- (General American) enPR: sē'pē(')-yo͞oʹ, IPA(key): /ˌsi(ˌ)piˈju/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -uː
CPU (plural CPUs)
- (computer hardware) Initialism of .
- (video games) Any character or entity controlled by the game software.
- Synonym: NPC
- (computing, slang) The main computer case containing the central components of a personal computer. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (nursing education) Initialism of .
Central processing unit