Democratic Republic of the Congo
the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- A country in Central Africa. Capital: Kinshasa
- 2022 December 19, Patrick Greenfield, Phoebe Weston, “Cop15: historic deal struck to halt biodiversity loss by 2030”, in The Guardian:
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo’s negotiator appeared to block the final deal presented by China, telling the plenary that he could not support the agreement in its current form because it did not create a new fund for biodiversity, separate to the existing UN fund, the global environment facility (GEF).
Though not official, the form Democratic Republic of Congo is attested and indeed slightly more common.
- DRC (abbreviation)
- DR Congo (partial abbreviation)
- Congo Free State, Belgian Congo, Republic of the Congo, Zaire (names of predecessors of the modern state)
- Republic of the Congo, a country in Africa whose capital is Brazzaville
large central African nation, formerly called Zaire
- Republic of Congo
- (countries of Africa) countries of Africa; Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe (Category: en:Countries in Africa)