- democratick (archaic: antedates spelling changes recommended and popularized by Noah Webster et al.)
- Pertaining to democracy; favoring democracy, or constructed upon the principle of government by the people.
- The United States is a democratic country, as the citizens are allowed to choose leaders to represent their interests.
- (US) Relating to a political party so called; usually, Democratic.
- Mount Vernon is run by a strong democratic party organization.
- Exhibiting social equality, egalitarian (see online Oxford).
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter II, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314, page 0147:
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, […]. Even such a boat as the Mount Vernon offered a total deck space so cramped as to leave secrecy or privacy well out of the question, even had the motley and democratic assemblage of passengers been disposed to accord either.
pertaining to democracy
- “democratic” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.
declension of democratic