From Middle English Egipt, from Middle French Egypte, from Latin Aegyptus, from Ancient Greek Αἴγυπτος (Aíguptos) (see also the Mycenaean Greek ethnonym 𐁁𐀓𐀠𐀴𐀍 (ai-ku-pi-ti-jo, “Egyptian”)), from Egyptian ḥwt-kꜣ-ptḥ (“Egypt; Memphis; the temple of Ptah in Memphis”, literally “The temple of the ka of Ptah”), whose Late Egyptian pronunciation is reflected by Akkadian 𒄭𒆪𒌒𒋫𒀪 (ḫikuptaḫ).
- A country in North Africa. Official name: Arab Republic of Egypt.
- (historical) A civilization based around the river Nile, on its lower reaches nearer the Mediterranean.
- A number of places in the United States:
- A town in Craighead County, Arkansas.
- An unincorporated community in Effingham County, Georgia.
- An unincorporated community in Jordan Township, Jasper County, Indiana.
- An unincorporated community in Chickasaw County, Mississippi.
- An unincorporated community in Holmes County, Mississippi.
- An unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Auglaize County, Ohio.
- An extinct town in Belmont County, Ohio.
- A census-designated place in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
- A ghost town in Leon County, Texas.
- An unincorporated community in Montgomery County, Texas.
- An unincorporated community in Wharton County, Texas.
- An unincorporated community in Jefferson County, West Virginia.
- A former settlement in Summers County, West Virginia.
- A number of places in England:
- A tiny hamlet in Leckhampstead parish, West Berkshire, Berkshire (OS grid ref SU4476).
- A suburban village in Farnham Royal parish, Buckinghamshire, previously in South Bucks district (OS grid ref SU9685).
- A suburb of Nailsworth, Stroud district, Gloucestershire (OS grid ref ST8499). 
- A hamlet in Wonston parish, Winchester district, Hampshire (OS grid ref SU4640). 
- A hamlet near Thornton, City of Bradford, West Yorkshire (OS grid ref SE0933).
- A rural locality in Lockyer Valley Region, Queensland, Australia.
- (modern country): Arab Republic of Egypt
- (civilization): Ancient Egypt, Egyptian civilization
country in North Africa
- United Arab Republic
- Appendix:Countries of the world
- (countries of Asia) country of Asia; Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- Category:Places in Egypt
- (countries of Africa) countries of Africa; Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe (Category: en:Countries in Africa) 
- Egypt on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Egypt (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Egypt m inan
Egypt m (genitive singular Egypta or Egyptu, declension pattern of dub)
Declension of Egypt
- Egypťan m, Egypťanka f
- egyptčina f
- Horný Egypt m, Dolný Egypt m
- Egypt in Slovak dictionaries at slovnik.juls.savba.sk