- An ethnic group in southern Sudan, Kenya, and neighboring countries.
- The Nilotic language spoken by this group, also known as Dholuo.
- (Nilotic language): Dholuo
- A river in Shaanxi, China, tributary to the Wei.
- A river in Henan, China, tributary to the Yellow River.
- A river in Fujian, China, flowing into the Taiwan Strait.
- A surname of Chinese origin.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Luo is the 3,564th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 10,005 individuals. Luo is most common among Asian/Pacific Islander (97.57%) individuals.