nerdy somewhat passive-aggressive hate note. I think
Orgillous maid, whose cruel scorn
- Twould be gnathonical to say
Is too mordacious to be borne,
- Though in an opertaneous way;
Let me coacervate a few
- Ambiguous words amarulent,
Ludificatory, but true,
- Ere I become so macilent,
That without voice to ululate
- My lov'd one's luctisonous name,
My honour I impignorate,
- And raise a temulentive flame.
A quodlibetical essáy
- Might stir adiaphoric souls;
But I am bolary–and clay
- In one fixed advolution rolls.
You call me oscitant,–ah! well,
- Obtenebration hides my tears;
I may become sejungible,
- When labefaction comes with years.
Exequial nights, egestuous days
- No nummary relief can soothe,–
No xenodochium allays
- Radicate thirst with "Bass" or "Booth."
- Call not this effutitious prate,
'Tis ecphonesis, though it seem
- But babbling to balbucinate.
The humble orthoceratite,
- The acanthopterygious skate,
Campestral flowers growing white
- Or candicant, vivificate
Numerous entities,–for they
- Concatenate in one great chain.
Divellicated day by day,
- In dread dysphoria I complain.
Were I a logodædalist,
- And not meticulously meek,
I'd make each epithet a fist
- To smite your etiolated cheek.
But no! deuteroscopic thought
- Forbids my uttering a groan,
Huxley will tell me it is naught,
- And Darwin claims me for his own.
- —Thomas Archer, A Social Science Valentine