From "DirectX box". In use since the announcement of the original Xbox in 2000.
Xbox (plural Xboxes)
- (video games, trademark) Any of the home consoles in Microsoft's Xbox product line, especially the original Xbox.
- 2015 June 24, “Top 10 Chinese Knockoffs of Foreign Products”, in China Uncensored, New Tang Dynasty Television, New Tang Dynasty Television, spoken by himself (Chris Chappell), 00:01:45 from the start:
- The Xbox or the Arcade Game Box? That's weird. They knocked off the look of the Xbox with the PlayStation controller.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:Xbox.
video game console manufactured and distributed by Microsoft
Xbox (third-person singular simple present Xboxes, present participle Xboxing, simple past and past participle Xboxed)
- (intransitive, video games, informal) To play a video game using an Xbox home console.
- 2018, Shelley Aggarwal, Signe Darpinian, Wendy Sterling, No Weigh!: A Teen's Guide to Positive Body Image, Food, and Emotional Wisdom, London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, →ISBN, page 49:
- There's a time and a place for mindless activities (we don't need to make them a big deal) but, if done excessively, they don't exactly deliver what they promise. In other words, Xboxing for hours at a time may give you an illusion of rejuvenation but it doesn't truly make you feel rested.
Xbox m anim
- Xbox (video game console manufactured and distributed by Microsoft)
Declension of Xbox