- (chemistry) Having a pH less than 7, or being sour, or having the strength to neutralize alkalis, or turning a litmus paper red.
- (petrology) Containing a high percentage of silica-bearing minerals; opposed to basic.
- Of or relating to acid; having the character of an acid.
- an acidic solution
- (having pH less than 7): basic
Derived terms edit
chemistry: having pH less than 7
petrology: containing a high percentage of silica-bearing minerals
of or relating to acid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
acidic (not comparable)