- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈkɹɔstɪk/
- (cot–caught merger, Canada) IPA(key): /əˈkɹɑstɪk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈkɹɒstɪk/
- Rhymes: -ɒstɪk, -ɔːstɪk
- Hyphenation: acros‧tic
acrostic (plural acrostics)
- A poem or other text in which certain letters, often the first in each line, spell out a name or message.
- A particular kind of word puzzle: its solutions form an anagram of a quotation, and their initials often form its author.
- → Irish: acrastach
poem or text with certain letters spelling out a name or message