all of a sudden
- (set phrase, colloquial) Suddenly, quickly, without warning.
- Synonyms: all at once, at one stroke, in one fell swoop, just like that, out of the blue
- All of a sudden I felt very hot and tired.
- 2016 December 19, Moe! Ninja Girls, Japan: NTT Solmare, iOS, Android, scene: Season 3, Chapter 3:
- ― Enju: “Wh-What?! What are you saying all of a sudden?! Idiot! Hentai!”
- all of the sudden
- all the sudden
- all on a sudden (Scotland)
- of a sudden
- on a sudden (obsolete)
- upon a sudden (obsolete)
colloquial: suddenly — See also translations at suddenly