See also: answerback
- (idiomatic) To reply impertinently; to talk back.
- I'll thank you not to answer back like that! Where are your manners?
- To reply to a question at a later time.
- Please answer me back before the end of the week.
- (computing) To issue echo characters, protocol responses, reflexive connection requests, etc.
- In all senses the object (if mentioned) may appear before or after the particle. If the object is a pronoun, then it must be before the particle.
to reply impertinently; to talk back