arsis (plural arses)
- The stronger part of a musical measure or a metrical foot.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hermann to this entry?)
- (music) The elevation of the hand, or that part of the bar at which it is raised, in beating time; the weak or unaccented part of the bar, opposed to the thesis.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Moore to this entry?)
arsis m (plural arsis)
- “arsis” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- dative masculine plural of
- dative feminine plural of
- dative neuter plural of
- ablative masculine plural of
- ablative neuter plural of
- ablative feminine plural of