See also: Asphalt
- (Canada) IPA(key): /ˈæʃfɑlt/, /ˈæsfɑlt/
- (Australia, New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈæʃfɛlt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈæsfɔlt/
Audio (US) (file)
asphalt (plural asphalts)
- A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid, composed almost entirely of bitumen, that is present in most crude petroleums and in some natural deposits.
- asphalt concrete, a hard ground covering used for roads and walkways.
sticky, black and highly viscous liquid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To pave with asphalt.
to pave with asphalt
- “asphalt” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).