See also: Appendix:Variations of "bis"
- An occasional variant of bi- prefixed to roots beginning with a vowel, as in bisalternate
- (chemistry, obsolete) A variant of di- used to indicate that the component that does not take the prefix occurs twice in the compound: a bisoxide is of the form B2O (cf. dioxide for XO2)
- (mathematics, chemistry) A variant of di-, used for substitutions of two complex rather than simple units.
- Bis (η6-arene) metal complexes have been made for many transition metals by the Al/AlCl3 reduction method.
See also edit
Etymology 1 edit
- Alternative form of ; bis-; di-
Derived terms edit
Etymology 2 edit
Alternative forms edit