- The quality of having a bitter taste.
- The quality of feeling bitter; acrimony, resentment; the quality of exhibiting such feelings.
- She kept her bitterness about her mistreatment for the rest of her life.
- the bitterness of his words
- The quality of eliciting a bitter feeling; humiliating, harsh.
- Nothing could assuage the bitterness of their defeat.
- Harsh cold.
- The bitterness of the winter caught us all by surprise.
- (quality of being bitter in taste): acerbicness, acridity, acridness
- (quality of feeling bitter): acrimony, gall, rancor/rancour, resentment
quality of being bitter in taste
quality of feeling bitter