- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈklɪɹli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈklɪəli/
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /ˈkliːɹli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: (General American) -ɪɹli, (Received Pronunciation) -ɪəli, (Scotland) -iːɹli
- (manner) In a clear manner.
- He enunciated every syllable clearly.
- (modal) Without a doubt; obviously.
- Clearly, the judge erred in his opinion.
- 2011 December 10, David Ornstein, “Arsenal 1 - 0 Everton”, in BBC Sport:
- While Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had warned his players against letting the pre-match festivities distract them from the task at hand, they clearly struggled for fluency early on.
- (degree) To a degree clearly discernible.
- He was clearly wrong on all points but one.
in a clear manner
(modal) without a doubt, obviously
(degree) to a degree clearly discernible