- Having numerous overlapping coils or folds.
- Complex, intricate or complicated.
- He gave a convoluted explanation that amounted to little more than a weak excuse for his absence.
- 2018 July 25, A. A. Dowd, “Fallout may be the Most Breathlessly Intense Mission: Impossible Adventure Yet”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 31 July 2018:
- The plots of Mission: Impossible movies tend to be convoluted but negligible, really only there to provide connective tissue between jaw-dropping set pieces.
having numerous overlapping coils