See also: Destination
- (countable) The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
- arrive at your destination
- (archaic) The act of destining or appointing.
- Purpose for which anything is destined; predetermined end, object, or use; ultimate design.
Usage notes edit
- Often used attributively to indicate desirability, as in a destination resort (a resort that is a fine, desirable destination) or destination wedding.
Derived terms edit
Related terms edit
the act of destining or appointing
purpose for which anything is destined
the place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent
destination f (plural destinations)
Further reading edit
- a destination (especially for a ship or airplane)
|Declension of destination|