See also: Destination
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /dɛstɪˈneɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
destination (plural destinations)
- (archaic) The act of destining or appointing.
- Purpose for which anything is destined; predetermined end, object, or use; ultimate design.
- The place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent; place or point aimed at.
- Often used attributively to indicate desirability, as in a destination resort (a resort that is a fine, desirable destination) or destination wedding.
the act of destining or appointing
purpose for which anything is destined
the place set for the end of a journey, or to which something is sent