- Anethum graveolens (the type species of the genus Anethum), a herb, the seeds of which are moderately warming, pungent, and aromatic, formerly used as a soothing medicine for children; also known as dillseed.
- A cucumber pickled with dill flavoring, also called a dill pickle.
- (informal) a fool.
terms derived from dill (noun)
herb of the species Anethum graveolens
dill pickle, cucumber pickled with dill
fool — see fool
- dill on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Anethum graveolens on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Anethum graveolens on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
dill c (uncountable)
- the herb dill
Declension of dill
- Used to indicate the infinitive form of a verb; compare English to.
sjwårrt dil o fa-ne dil briinn
- hard to get it to burn
- to (indicating destination)
gakk dill stass
- walk to the city
- another, one more
Ve fing annätókkä dill
- We got an euqal amount thereto