- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˈpəʊzəbl̩/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˈpoʊzəbl̩/
- Hyphenation: dis‧pos‧a‧ble
disposable (plural disposables)
- Any object that is designed to be disposed of rather than refilled or repaired.
2010, Kathleen Huggins, The Expectant Parents' Companion, page 88:
- Parents who use cloth diapers often use disposables for travel, nights, or both.
object that is designed to be disposed of
- That can be disposed of.
- That is designed to be discarded rather than refilled or repaired.
- Rather than purchase an expensive razor he bought a packet of cheap disposable ones.
- Available to be used.
that can be disposed of
that is designed to be discarded rather than refilled or repaired
available to be used
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.