divider (plural dividers)
- An object that separates.
- 1980, Robert M. Jones, editor, Walls and Ceilings, Time-Life Books, →ISBN, page 58:
- It is perfectly possible to separate one area of a room from another, or even to create an entirely new room, with a lightweight room divider that assembles with a minimum of fuss.
- A device resembling a drawing compass and used to transfer measurements of length.
- (Britain, US) The median (US) or central reservation (Britain) of a highway or other road where traffic in opposite directions are kept separated.
- A person who divides or separates.
object that separates
- imperative of