- In passing; incidentally; by the way.
- (chess) Describing a special kind of pawn capture, whereby a pawn captures an opposing pawn immediately after it has moved forward two squares from its initial position as if it had moved only one square; the opposing pawn is captured "in passing through" the usual square from where it would ordinarily be liable to be captured.
- (chess) A move in which a pawn captures an opposing pawn on the same rank immediately after the latter moved two squares from its initial position as if it had moved only one square.
- (chess move): braní mimochodem
- en passant in Kartotéka Novočeského lexikálního archivu
- (in passing): i forbifarten