- (intransitive) To increase in extent.
- (intransitive) To possess a certain extent.
- (transitive) To cause to increase in extent.
- (transitive) To cause to last for a longer period of time.
- (transitive) To straighten (a limb).
- To bestow; to offer; to impart; to apply.
- to extend sympathy to the suffering
- To increase in quantity by weakening or adulterating additions.
- to extend liquors
- (Can we find and add a quotation of G. P. Burnham to this entry?)
- (UK, law) To value, as lands taken by a writ of extent in satisfaction of a debt; to assign by writ of extent.
to increase in extent
to possess a certain extent
to cause to increase in extent
to cause to last for a longer period of time