- Of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
- Characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible.
- Fictional or not believable; made up.
- (obsolete) Known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
- (slang) Very good; outstanding, wonderful.
- (slang or euphemistic) Gay or pertaining to gay people.
- (slang) Camp, effeminate.
- (slang) Fashionable, glamorous
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:fabulous.
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.
mythical or legendary; incredible
of the nature of a fable; unhistorical
extraordinary, especially in being very large
very good; wonderful
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.