See also: fuck-you
- fuck-you (as a noun)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see fuck, you.
- (idiomatic, offensive, markedly vulgar) Expression to show discontent with the other party, or to show contempt.
- 1936, Violations of free speech and assembly and interference with rights of labor: hearings before a subcommittee, Seventy-fourth Congress, page 21061:
- And this was the time he heard Goldman say to Bennett, "Fuck you, you little bastard, we will get you later."
- 1951, J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 25:
- If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the "Fuck you" signs in the world. It's impossible.
- You dare come here dressed so horribly? Well, fuck you!
- What made you decide to maltreat him? Fuck you, that's that...
- (idiomatic, dismissive, offensive, markedly vulgar) Go away! Go to hell!
- Fuck you—I’m not giving you any!
- You’ve done enough to ruin our outing, so fuck you!
- (vulgar) An insulting and humiliating action against somebody.
- Humiliating your kid on national television for a short-term profit is one of the biggest fuck yous that a parent can ever give to their own child.
- Synonym: go fuck yourself
- See also Thesaurus:go away