good for someone
(Redirected from good for you)
good for someone (comparative better for someone, superlative best for someone)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see good, for.
- Eating fruit is good for you.
- The litigation is not good for anybody.
- 1997, Carlin, George, “GOOD FOR HEADACHES”, in Brain Droppings, New York: Hyperion Books, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, →OL, page 68:
- Sometimes on television they tell you a product is "good for headaches." I don't want something that's good for headaches. I want something that's bad for headaches. And good for me.
- An exclamation of encouragement or congratulation.
- Synonyms: well done, get you; see also Thesaurus:well done
- You got married? Good for you!
- The president doesn’t dodge “what if” questions. Good for him!
- A sarcastic statement that the fact at hand is uninteresting, unimpressive, or irrelevant
- Synonym: I don't care
- He has a diploma from Harvard? Good for him, he's still not qualified for this job.
- Did you know he's dating someone? Good for him!
an exclamation of encouragement or congratulation