- distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous
- disgusting or otherwise viscerally reviling.
- (typography) sans serif.
distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous
- A style of ornamentation characterized by fanciful combinations of intertwined forms.
- Anything grotesque.
- 2016 February 23, Robbie Collin, “Grimsby review: ' Sacha Baron Cohen's vital, venomous action movie'”, in The Daily Telegraph (London):
- He’s also the new character from Sacha Baron Cohen, the man behind Ali G, Borat and Brüno: that unholy trinity of comic grotesques that told us a lot more about ourselves than we’d like to admit.
- (typography) A sans serif typeface.
grotesque (plural grotesques)
grotesque m (plural grotesques)
- “grotesque” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
grotesque m, f (plural grotesques)
- farcical (ridiculous)
grotesque f (plural grotesques)