guideline (plural guidelines)
- A non-specific rule or principle that provides direction to action or behaviour.
- He considered the Ten Commandments more a guideline than a requirement.
- A plan or explanation to guide one in setting standards or determining a course of action.
- A light line, used in lettering, to help align the text.
non-specific rule or principle
plan or explanation
light line to help align the text
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Read in another language
This page is available in 19 languages