- An expression of disdain, disbelief, protest, refusal or dismissal.
- Harumph! She is welcome to try, but I'm not going to bother helping.
- (expression of disbelief): fiddlesticks, horsefeathers, pull the other one; see also Thesaurus:bullshit
- (expression of disdain): feh, pfaugh, pish, pshaw, pooh; see also Thesaurus:bah
harumph (plural harumphs)
- An expression of disdain, disbelief, protest, or dismissal; a huff, grunt, or snort.
- I didn't get a harumph out of that guy.
- Give the governor a harumph.
- To dislike, protest, or dismiss.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:harumph.