illative (not comparable)
- of, or relating to an illation.
- an illative consequence or proposition
- an illative conjunction, such as "for" or "therefore"
- (grammar) of, or relating to the grammatical case that in some languages indicates motion towards or into something.
illative (plural illatives)
- (grammar) a word or phrase that expresses an inference (such as for or therefore).
- an illation.
- (grammar) the illative case, or a word in that case.
(grammar) a word or phrase that expresses an inference — See also translations at inferential
(grammar) illative case