- A physical tilt or bend.
- The inclination of his head increased and he awoke with a start.
- A slant or slope.
- The road up to the house had a steep inclination.
- A mental tendency.
- His inclination to drink escalated to alcoholism.
- (geometry) The angle of intersection of a reference plane
- Artillery must take account of a weapon's precise inclination.
- (obsolete) A person or thing loved or admired.
physical tilt or bend
slant or slope
geometry: angle of intersection
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
inclination f (plural inclinations)
- inclination (all senses)