- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /məˈt͡ʃʊəɹəti/, /məˈtjʊəɹəti/
- (US) IPA(key): /məˈtʊəɹəti/
Audio (US) (file)
- The state of being mature, ready or ripe.
- Some foods and drinks, like wine, only reach their full taste at maturity, which literally comes at a price
- When bodily growth has completed and/or reproduction can begin.
- (countable, finance, insurance) The state of a debt obligation at the end of the term of maturation thereof, once all interest and any applicable fees have accrued to the principal.
- (countable, finance, insurance) Date when payment is due.
- The note was cashed at maturity.
state of being mature, ready or ripe
when bodily growth has completed and/or reproduction can begin
ready for execution or coming due
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.