- oboedience (archaic, rare)
- The quality of being obedient.
- Obedience is essential in any army.
- disobedience, defiance, rebellion (ignoring)
- violation (ignoring, especially rules)
- control, dominance (ruling)
quality of being obedient
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Noah Webster (1913), “obedience”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company
- “obedience”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911