- A person, thing or name typifying a certain quality or idea; an embodiment or exemplification.
- Adolf Hitler was the personification of anti-Semitism.
- 1837, L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], Ethel Churchill: Or, The Two Brides. […], volume II, London: Henry Colburn, […], OCLC 21345056, page 12:
- He might have sat for a personification of fear: if he moved, he seemed rather afraid of his own shadow following him too closely; if he laughed, he soon checked himself, quite alarmed at the sound.
- A literary device in which an inanimate object or an idea is given human qualities.
- The writer used personification to convey her ideas.
- An artistic representation of an abstract quality as a human
- The Grim Reaper is a personification of death.
person, thing or name typifying a certain quality or idea
artistic representation of an abstract quality as a human