- (intransitive) To think like a pessimist; to believe the worst.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of London Sat. Rev to this entry?)
- (transitive) To make (something) pessimal.
- (transitive) To make (something) less efficient, such as a computer program.
- (intransitive) To become pessimal.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for pessimize in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)