See also: Prohibition
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌpɹəʊ(h)ɪˈbɪʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌpɹoʊ(h)ɪˈbɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -ɪʃən
- Hyphenation: pro‧hi‧bi‧tion
Audio (US) (file)
- An act of prohibiting, forbidding, disallowing, or proscribing something.
- A law prohibiting the manufacture or sale of alcohol.
- A period of time when specific socially disapproved consumables are considered controlled substances.
act of prohibiting
law that prohibits something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked