- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɹiəlɪˈzeɪʃən/, /-laɪˈzeɪʃən/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌɹɪəlaɪˈzeɪʃən/, /ˌɹiə-/
Audio (US) (file)
- The act of realizing; an act of figuring out or becoming aware.
- He came to the startling realization that he had never really known the truth.
- The act of realizing; the act of making real.
- He did not stay around long enough to see the realization of the idea.
- The realization of the plan took several years.
- The result of an artistic effort.
- The painter's realization of her concept was breathtaking.
act of figuring out or becoming aware
act of making real
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- realization in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- realization in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911