- To change the stripes.
- (automotive) To change the space markings in a parking lot.
- When a business, State or local government agency, or other covered entity restripes a parking lot, it must provide accessible parking spaces as required by the ADA Standards for Accessible Design. ADA Design Guide 1 - Restriping Parking Lots
- To change the lane markings or other markings on a road, runway or other path.
1996, Unknown, “Z -- RESTRIPE VARIOUS ROADS AND CROSSWALKS AT THE NAVAL AIR STATION, LEMOORE, CALIFORNIA”, cbd.procurements, Usenet:
- The work includes furnishing all labor, material, equipment, transportation, supervision, and management necessary for restriping road centerlines, edgelines, stop/yield bars, crosswalks and incidental related work.
- (computing, RAID) To change the manner in which data is laid out across multiple disks.
2001, Richard Barker, Paul Massiglia, Storage area network essentials, page 213:
- In most cases, reduced application performance is preferable to the alternative of stopping applications entirely to move or restripe data.
- To redivide (land).
1921, Gerald Francis Keatinge, Agricultural Progress in Western India, page 227:
- In Prussia eight General Commissions exist for settling land on an economic basis either by the subdivision of large estates, by restriping, or by the occupation and improvement of waste lands.
1917, Harold Hart Mann; Dattatraya Lakshman Sahasrabuddhe, Narayan Vinayak Kanitkar, Vinayak Atmaram Tamhane, et al, Land and labour in a Deccan village, page 154:
- general arrangements being made for commassation or restriping of land as in many European countries and in Japan we can hardly tell.