ruffian (plural ruffians)
- A scoundrel, rascal, or unprincipled, deceitful, brutal and unreliable person.
- (obsolete) A pimp; a pander.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:pimp
- (obsolete) A lover; a paramour.
- To play the ruffian; to rage; to raise tumult.
- Brutal; cruel; savagely boisterous; murderous.
- ruffian rage
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for ruffian in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
ruffian m (plural ruffians)
- Alternative spelling of