- The extent to which something matters; importance
- As a juror your opinion is of great significance for the outcome of the trial.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page 5:
- Of more significance in the nature of branch development; in the Jubulaceae, as in the Porellaceae, branches are acroscopic and normally replace a ventral leaf lobe.
- the significance of a gesture
Derived terms edit
extent to which something matters
See also edit
Middle English edit
- Alternative form of