- (regional in US) Any of several sweetened, carbonated beverages.
- On a hot day, there's nothing I like more than soda pop.
- Could you bring me a soda pop? I'm parched!
- In the Midwest, except for Wisconsin, soda pop is usually abbreviated to pop, such as Do you have any pop?
- Further, in the Midwest, soda means an ice cream soda (soda pop with ice cream in it), such as I think I will have a root beer soda. (i.e. what would otherwise be known as a root beer float in non-Midwestern areas).
- On the East and West Coasts of the United States, soda pop is abbreviated to soda, such as May I have a soda? Some, however, still use the term soda pop. Furthermore, some use soda pop except colloquially, in which case they would use soda.
sweetened, carbonated beverage