- (regional in US) Any of several sweetened, carbonated beverages.
- On a hot day, there's nothing I like more than soda pop.
- Could you bring me a soda pop? I'm parched!
- In the Midwest, soda pop is usually abbreviated to pop, except Wisconsin, such as Do you have any pop?
- Further, in the Midwest, soda means an ice cream soda (soda pop with ice cream in it), such as I think I will have a root beer soda. (i.e. what would otherwise be known as a "root beer float" in non-Midwestern areas).
- On the east and west coasts, soda pop is abbreviated to soda, such as "May I have a soda?" Some, however, still use the term "soda pop". Furthermore, some use "soda pop" except colloquially, in which case they would use "soda".
sweetened, carbonated beverage