So called in contrast to strong alcoholic beverages, which are "hard liquors".
- Any carbonated, usually sweet, non-alcoholic drink. (In this sense, juice, milk, tea and coffee are not soft drinks.)
- (broadly speaking) Any non-alcoholic drink.
- coke (most common term in the Southeastern US)
- fizzy drink
- pop (most common term in Canada and the upper West and upper Midwest of the US, including western WI, most of IL including Chicago, MI, IN, OH, WV and western PA)
- soda (most common term in HI, CA, eastern MO, southwestern IL, eastern WI and New England)
- soda pop
- See also Wikisaurus:soft drink
sweet, non-alcoholic carbonated beverage
any non-alcoholic beverage, such as Coca-Cola or milk